General Ledger Accountant
The General Ledger Accountant is responsible for performing hands on GL close including journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations including bank and inter-company. This is a high-profile position; applicant must be well versed and highly knowledgeable of accounting standards. Applicant must be driven, a self-starter, demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively within a team environment, possess analytical skills, possess strong communication skills and operate well within a fast-paced culture of continual improvement and accountability.
- Must have a strong technical skill set, including Excel
- Maintain the General Ledger, journal entries, monthly balance sheet reconciliations .
- Reconcile and balance bank accounts and cash transactions on a daily basis.
- Reconcile balance sheet GL accounts every month. Ensure reconciliation of GL with Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Responsible for recording and maintaining the company’s entries into fixed asset and depreciation system.
- Establish and maintain relationships with individual and business customers, internal and external customers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in GL Accounting
- Computer Skills: Highly proficient user of MS office; with very strong emphasis in Excel