General Accounting Manager
HIGH PROFILE, HIGH IMPACT DIRECT HIRE ROLE – OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
We are looking for a top performing, high functioning Senior Accountant that will thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, innovative and empowering mission focused work environment. This full-time position will be based in Mansfield, Ohio for Catalyst Life Services, a highly regarded, non-profit organization. Catalyst provides medically supervised care, 24-hour supervision, observation and support for individuals in a residential setting. Intensive aftercare planning is also a critical service provided to individuals as well as family members.
The Senior Accountant will have primary responsibility for the full accounting function such as bookkeeping, general ledger, accounts payable, fixed asset schedules, prepaid expense reconciliations, project cost accounting, functional allocations, and bank reconciliations.Following internal controls, researching and reconciling discrepancies, gathering, auditing, verifying and archiving supporting financial documents is also of primary importance. The SeniorAccountant will also take the lead in preparing for annual audits (internal and external) and assist in preparing informational tax returns and donor receipts for tax deductions. This person will have a strong work ethic, desire to serve others, good time management skills, excellent attention to detail, good analytical and problem solving skills, sound understanding of general accounting principles, good overall written and verbal communication skills.Competitive salary (to attract top notch, dedicated talent), comprehensive benefits including 403 B plan with employer contribution is offered with this career opportunity.
- Compile and analyze financial information to make bookkeeping entries into CORE
- Prepare and maintain the General Ledger including vendor bills, journal entries, proper account and project coding, functional allocations
- Reconciliation of company bank accounts
- Daily communication with domestic and international staff as necessary in performance of primary responsibilities
- Fixed asset accounting and annual equipment inventory
- Prepare for fiscal year-end audit
- Assist in preparation of informational tax returns and other government filings
- Research discrepancies of financial information and/or documentation to ensure accuracy and adhering to established procedures prior to processing
- Support various domestic and international team members and give general accounting support
- Work with international microfinance and training partners as assigned to assemble, compile and analyze financial reports
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time
- Passion for the Mission of Catalyst Life Services
- High degree of character and integrity – strong work ethic
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA is a PLUS
- A minimum 5 years of multi-faceted accounting experience
- Strong Excel and familiarity with CORE software preferred
- Ability to read and effectively analyze financial statements
- Mathematical competency
- Ability to focus and stay organized
- Strong analytical, communication and research skills
- The ability to interact professionally regarding confidential matters with people inside and outside the organization.