The IS Manager will work to understand current and future IS needs, provide IS business related solutions, develop internal personnel resources, and develop department budgets. This individual will be accountable for building and maintaining the IS infrastructure, providing technical solutions, training, and recommend continuous improvement options. The IS Manager reports to the Vice President of Finance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop plans for the next generation hardware and software solutions commensurate with strategic business plans.
- Maintain appropriate inventory of hardware.
- Manage company telephone and facilities security systems.
- Drive software development and selection initiatives.
- Acquire deep knowledge of software applications.
- Communicate in a timely and consistent basis with the IS team.
- Coordinate team and team member projects and activities
- Provide coaching, mentoring and training to the IS team.
- Work with team members to establish performance objectives and measures, then evaluate and review with each.
- Discuss and agree on information systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards and hold team members accountable.
- Develop best business solutions to maintain licensing requirements.
- Maintain solutions to meet appropriate cyber security requirements
- Support company operations and strategic plans by building and maintaining robust information systems, incorporating user’s needs into development plans, and providing technical and user support.
- Provide continuous improvement ideas for IS and the use of IS in operations.
- Develop and manage vendor contracts and relations.
- Maintain adherence to licensing requirements for all IS resources.
- Accomplish financial objectives by forecasting IS requirements, preparing an annual budget, and ensure expenditure effectiveness.
Education, training, and/or experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in an IS related program or commensurate cumulated continuous education and related experience.
- Graduate degree beneficial.
- Knowledge of Microsoft network systems and applications.
- Knowledge of basic business terminology and practices.
- Demonstrated team management/leadership success.
- Experience with designing IS systems including networks, wired and wireless access, and security.
- Demonstrated experience building and managing supplier relationships.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to direct teams, instruct others, and communicate with management.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a strong desire to be both the business and technical leader of the IS department.
- Passionate about quality and customer service including meeting deadlines and solving difficult technical requirements.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents.