Billing Specialist Behavioral Health
Catalyst Life Services is currently looking for a Billing Specialist with experience in Behavioral Health Billing. The ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years experience.
- Manage client accounts; prepare accurate invoicesand statements, claim generation and submission, collection and posting of payments.
- Invoice clients and other funding sources weekly or monthly.
- Submit insurance claims electronically weekly.
- Identify and resolve patient billing questions and issues.
- Send reminders for payments and manage delinquent accounts
- Use assertive follow-up techniques with payers, providing information, corrections and problem resolution
- Receive payments through various methods, make deposits and evaluate for credibility.
- Post payments and adjustments to ensure accurate balances.
- Reconcile insurance remittances and payments, research claim denials and generate claim corrections.
- Provide accurate billing reports to management and administrative staff.
- Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices (3 years minimum).
- Comprehension of insurance billing practices and procedures.
- Adheres to HIPPA guidelines and regulations; maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Proficient in MS Office – particularly Excel; strong aptitude for relevant billing software and other programs/applications.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication;verbal and written
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- Ability to multi task and adapt in a high energy and rewarding field